maanantai 24. joulukuuta 2012

Merry Christmas!

Hyvää joulua!  As we say it in Finnish. 
(How do you pronounce it? The ä is like the a in the word cat and the j is like the y in the word you)

I think it's only fair to write this post now in English when I'm in Finland. So here you go!

Here I am, celebrating Christmas at home! Somehow it feels like I didn't even leave. When we had a little Christmas party with my friends couple of days ago, it didn't even feel weird to be there again and speak Finnish. Well obviously it was really weird when I first came back. I literally started to laugh out loud when I heard Finnish business men talking some "serious" stuff in the airport. It was also kind of awkward when I started to speak English to the bus driver (and of course I didn't want to change the language anymore because it would've been too weird!!) and I almost bought coffee in English. And also, as I said in the last post in Finnish, I don't know how to walk in Finland anymore!! I walk in the wrong side of the road (so left side). I walk the stairs to the wrong directions. I pass people from left when everyone else is passing me from right, so we collide and then they watch me like I'm some kind of criminal who's trying to kill them. Well excuse me!

I'm sorry I know you don't understand this photo if you are not Finnish but I just had to put this. My life was completed again after I bought these chocolates... <3 Guess who's going back to England suitcase FULL of Fazer.
It. Is. Cold. (Well today it was only -17C) Absolutely so cold that I have to wear 2 pairs of leggings under my trousers and all kinds of warm woolen clothes from socks to hat. And we definitely did get a white Christmas this year and I love it! 



So in Finland we celebrate Christmas in the 24th of December so this party is already over for me! We had a huge meal with all Finnish Christmas food (no reindeer, that would be cruel during the Christmas time) like pork, two types of salmon, different vegetable casseroles, liver casserole (they look like baby food because the casseroles are all really smashed), potatoes, salad... And then as a pudding we had chocolate cake with self made mango sorbet. Yummy!



So my grandparents and my uncle came to our house and we ate together. After that we went to eat (again) with my cousin's family and there we met with the whole family who lives in the same city. It's kind of nice that everyone lives like 1-4 km apart from each other so we can easily meet and get together! 

Everyone came with their boyfriends and I'm there like "Hi, this is my boyfriend Karl Fazer". Okey sorry, bad self made Finnish chocolate joke...

These two lovely ladies are my dear cousins, believe it or not! :P

I hope you all enjoy your holidays! Eat, eat and eat, Christmas is only once a year ;) You can start exercising next year! 
See you soon xxx

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

"boyfriend karl Fazer" :DD repesin kyllä täysin

Yksi blogien selailija vain kirjoitti...

On muuten todella ihania kuvia! Tuli kyllä jouluinen olo kun katseli noita.